My Snowboarding Trip - 3 Essential Skincare Products for the Snow!

12:36:00 AM

Hello everyone! I have just returned from an epic snowboarding weekend  trip and am currently recovering from an equally impressive cold (by impressive I mean - shitty long snotty cold).



My bf and I have been talking about snowboarding for more than 10 months now, we thought about it, scheduled it and talked about it - but we never got the chance to head up to the mountains until this year.
Along with 14 other high school friends (also new to snowboarding) we headed up to Falls Creek for an epic fun snow trip. I surprised myself and my bf with how quickly I learnt how to snowboard and by day one I was off down the Green (medium) slopes with my friends nearby!

The weather was perfect for some fun in the snow, cold with constant fresh powder on the grounds. However with the harsh conditions, it was so easy for skin to dry up very quickly.
So here are 3 essential skincare items for the snow! 

1) Serum! 

Hydration Hydration Hydration!
Just like how you layer your clothing during winter! Remember to layer on your skincare products as well. I would recommend bringing your most hydrating serum, moisturiser and face cream. Consider items that contain Vitamin B5 and Hyaluronic Acid.
I took the following products;




2) Facial Masks 

Use a sheet or gel face mask at night to replenish the moisture and any wind damage to the skin while snowboarding.
I found that the wind was so harsh and it was so cold it was hard to stay warm let alone stay hydrated! After a day of snowboarding, I went back to the dorm and put on a face mask to rehydrate. Immediately getting rid of that tight dry pull I felt!
I especially like these Japanese hydration masks below (available at all Japanese pharmacies).




3) Sunscreen 

So so important! Always remember to put on sunscreen before you head out to the snow! Even on a cloudy day, the UV rays from the sun can be very strong.
Slip Slop Slap your favourite long lasting sunscreen periodically to avoid sunburn.
SunPlay SPF 130 PA+++ is my absolute favourite at the moment!



To those of you who are heading to the snow as the season ends - I wish you Happy Boarding/Skiing with Fresh Powder everyday!

Have you been to the snow? 
xoxo 
Penn 


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I've never tried snowboarding, I only enjoyed playing the snow, but when it gets really cold I'd just go back to stay warm inside lol. Didn't realize that UV rays can still go thru in such cold weather :0

    xx
    Oh Dear Bumblebees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it! It is so much fun - I am heading up again next week!
      However I agree, being warm is always the best!

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Subscribe