Maison Tsumiki; Haircut Date.

3:18:00 AM

I finally have my weekends back now! For those of you out there who have also finished their exams - hooray, we made it! With my weekends back now I decided it was time to fix up my gross and dry hair that is full of split ends!

My bestie Jess suggested a hair cut date at  Maison Tsumiki, located in Emporium. I have never been there before, but after some insta-stalking I could not wait!
After having a brunch date nearby, we arrived at Maison Tsumiki excited and full of anticipation. The salon was beautiful but simple and clean. Maison Tsumiki is a japanese concept hair salon that shows the true luxury of Shu Uemura Art of hair care.



When booking the appointment you are allocated an hour, your hair stylist is there with you from start to finish, they take care of you from consultaion, to washing and massaging your hair, to cutting, blow drying and styling. This way I find the service more personalised, with much greater attention to detail. The staff are friendly and highly professional.

I didnt have much idea of what style I wanted, I wanted to keep growing my hair long for my best friend Becky's wedding in December, but with the dry and split ends it was getting hard to manage. My stylist Keiko suggested the length and also asked how I liked my fringe length to be, after consultatiom I was taken over to the basins for a wash and massage. The shampoo an conditioner used smelt amazing! Unlike your normal hair salon experiences, hair washing at Maison Tsumiki was not rushed at all, it was such a relaxing and soothing experience!


Keiko took a total of 45 mins to cut my hair, from cutting the length when it was dry, to measuring the lengths and thickness when it was dry. Keiko took so much care to ensure symmetry and lightness in my hair. Overall I was extremely happy with my hair cut, its the first time having a LOB (long bob) where my fringe was the same length as the rest of my hair. Before you finish, the stylist will ensure they style your hair, Keiko suggested soft curls at the bottom of my hair, and even taught me how to DIY at home every morning as well as when I should out on hair oil.

I fell in love with the experience and cannot wait to go back for balayage my hair with them. I especially like the way they take time to focus on your hair and has an in-depth consultation and analysis of your hair before you start. Although it may be a little bit pricey for students, I feel like its a great place to go if you have damaged or ceappy hair to have it all fixed and taken care of. As for the longevity of the hair style, I will have to wait to see! 



How often do you like to cut your hair? Do you have a favourite salon/hairdressers? 

Xoxo 

Penn

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. wahh such a fancy hair salon, especially the name~ and I'm so glad that you've had a great experience with this!

    A C Y H O Z - blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very fancy name! Thank You I had heaps of fun! :)

      Delete
  2. Awww that's nice you like your hair cut
    Its always great to be at the hairdressers Xoxox

    http://itsjustwinnie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Finding the right hairdresser is such a hard task!

      Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  3. oh it looks gorgeous! i love salons who really take time for you and your hair :) don't like it when they rush things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! It was such a nice surprise that they took their time - felt so pampered!

      Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete

Subscribe